Apple vowed to be completely fossil free by 2030

SHARE:

Tech Giant Apple is committed to be 100 % carbon neutral for its supply chain and goods by 2030. Apple to cut pollution by 75% over ten years while creating "innovative strategies for carbon reduction" for the remaining 25% of its total footprint.

Apple Office

Apple is committed to being fully fossil-free by 2030.

Tech Giant Apple made a strong commitment on Tuesday to cut pollution by 75% over ten years while creating "innovative strategies for carbon reduction" for the remaining 25% of its total footprint. 

This move ensures that any of its apple products produced would no longer impact the environment by that year, said the electronics company, which is now carbon neutral with its commercial operations said in a statement.

Apple commitment to the environment

As part of the overhaul of its environmental policy, Apple states that it plans to reduce emissions by 75 percent within 10 years while pursuing "innovative solutions for pollution reduction" for the remaining 25 percent of its total footprint. This plan includes investments in savannah regeneration projects in Kenya as well as investments in mangrove ecosystems in Colombia to extract or store carbon.

Apple's Renewable energies Roadmap for suppliers

According to Apple- “Businesses have a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future, one born of our common concern for the planet we share,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.

“The innovations powering our environmental journey are not only good for the planet — they’ve helped us make our products more energy-efficient and bring new sources of clean energy online around the world. Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth. With our commitment to carbon neutrality, we hope to be a ripple in the pond that creates a much larger change.”
The apple company has made a pledge that more than 70 of its vendors would use 100% green energy. While part of the initiative, Apple will now set up a fund called the "accelerator" that will invest in minority-owned businesses to encourage social equality and fairness.

The company's full strategy for how to calculate its carbon emissions can be found in the 2020 Environmental Impact Plan at www.apple.com/environment.

Progress on its supplier commitments can be found at www.apple.com/environment/pdf/Apple_Supplier_Clean_Energy_Program_Update_2020.pdf.

Source: Apple Newsroom

COMMENTS

Name

android, 9, android-11, 5, apple, 7, gadgets, 8, gaming, 3, how-to, 21, news, 22, reviews, 10, security, 3, tech, 24, top-list, 1, windows, 6,
ltr
item
TechFosser – Latest Tech News, Tips, Tricks & How to's: Apple vowed to be completely fossil free by 2030
Apple vowed to be completely fossil free by 2030
Tech Giant Apple is committed to be 100 % carbon neutral for its supply chain and goods by 2030. Apple to cut pollution by 75% over ten years while creating "innovative strategies for carbon reduction" for the remaining 25% of its total footprint.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fWlUrg-eC7s/XxhTa4MOSFI/AAAAAAAAMRM/ArrAzfvEjDMp0x3EMGkyengp0DTztn4zACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Apple-office.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fWlUrg-eC7s/XxhTa4MOSFI/AAAAAAAAMRM/ArrAzfvEjDMp0x3EMGkyengp0DTztn4zACLcBGAsYHQ/s72-c/Apple-office.png
TechFosser – Latest Tech News, Tips, Tricks & How to's
https://www.techfosser.com/2020/07/apple-vowed-to-be-completely-fossil-free-by-2030.html
https://www.techfosser.com/
https://www.techfosser.com/
https://www.techfosser.com/2020/07/apple-vowed-to-be-completely-fossil-free-by-2030.html
true
3292701734101357037
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy Table of Content