How to Disable Access to USB Port in Windows 10
How to Disable Access to USB Port in Windows 10?
When you give your personal Laptop/PC to someone you don't trust, you can disable access to USB ports so that they don't steal your personal data.
Disable Access to USB Port in Windows 10
- Press Windows+R to open the “Run” box.
- Type “Regedit” and then click “OK” to open a registry editor.
- Click to expand "Computer" in the left-hand pane of the registry editor.“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”.
- Click to expand the "System" to access all the sub-keys under it.
- Expand "Current Control Set" and then in "Services".
- Go to "USBSTOR", and then click on "Start" on the right-hand pane of the registry editor.
- Change the Data Value from "3" to "4" and then click on the "OK" button.
- Now Restart your PC to apply the changes.