|windows 10 tips, tricks, and hacks|
Windows 10: Best Time-Saving Windows 10's best tricks, tips, and tweaks - 2020
Windows 10 is filled with useful, hidden new features that are worth exploring. Check out the best tips and tricks around here in this article.
Have a look at Windows 10 Tricks, Tips, and Tweaks:
1) Take a Screenshot [Windows 10]
- To Capture Just one part of your screen, just hit the Windows Key + Shift + S to open a tool called "Snip & Sketch".
- This allows you to click and drag to create a screenshot, which is saved to your Clipboard.
2) Open items on your Taskbar with keyboard shortcuts [Windows 10]
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + [Number Key], with the number key corresponding to the position of the program on the taskbar.
- For example, Windows Key + 2 will open the second item on the Taskbar.
3) Figure out how much space apps are taking up [Windows 10]
- Navigate to Settings > System > Storage.
- Click on the drive you want to search (likely the local storage, "This PS").
- Click on Apps & Games to see a list of apps installed on your machine and how much space they are taking up.
4) Get rid of ads in your start menu [Windows 10]
- To get rid of the ads in your Windows 10 Start menu, go to Settings > Personalization > Start.
- Toggle the setting called "Show Suggestions Occasionally" in Start to the Off Position.
5) Shut Down Background Apps [Windows 10]
- To control which apps are running in the background and save some battery power and data, go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
6) Use Background Scrolling [Windows 10]
- The feature should be on by default.
- But if it isn't, go to Settings > Devices > Mouse, and toggle "Scroll Inactive Windows when I hover them" to "ON".
7) Open the "Secret" Start Menu [Windows 10]
- Windows 10 includes a lesser-known "Second Start Menu" that makes accessing important features like the "Command Prompt", "Control Panel", & the "Task Manager" much easier.
- You can access it in two different ways. either by pressing Windows Key + X or by right click the Windows Icon/Start Button.